Friday, June 25, 2021

Labryinth VR - Eighth Update

During this two week period, a lot of my time was devoted to creating the rig for the second door knocker. Due to some issues importing the initial knocker in game, I delayed creating the second one perhaps a bit too long as I still have some work to do to complete this rig. I was hoping that I could easily copy the first door knocker's rig over to this one with a few changes, but unfortunately that proved to be incorrect. Trying to reuse the rig has been fraught with technical difficulties. As a result, I'm working on a paired down version of the initial door knocker's rig.

I plan to have this completed and handed over to our animator by Sunday so Tyler has the entire sprint to work on it.

Based on feedback I received last week, I made some alterations to the starry galaxy, creating a simple mask instead of layering two types of noise to create the twinkling stars. This allowed for the sky to be less busy and more appealing, especially in VR.

In the previous sprint, I wasn't able to implement and test the new aura I created for interactive objects as the level was checked out, so I devoted some time this week to ensuring everything looked and worked properly on the Bog Level.

For now, ignore the water shooting up into the air. I used UE4's water system to place some ripples in the water in an earlier sprint, but for some reason they're no longer working properly. This is something I'll have to trouble-shoot next week.

I also finalized the appearance of the swamp bubbles, re-rendering them in Houdini, and changing the material to give them a better appearance. I also created a simple blueprint for the bubble, allowing them to be placed throughout the bog, each one with a different size and "pop speed." I also added in a 3D sound node of some "deep" mud bubbles popping, and placed it in the center of the bog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog