Friday, July 9, 2021

Labyrinth VR - Ninth Update

 It was a major relief to finalize and ship out the second door knocker rig for animation:

I was hoping to get it done in the previous sprint, but I was at least able to meet my abridged goal of completing the rig Sunday, 6/27.

For the interior of the Tower Level, I wanted to make the goblin a hand drawn asset instead of a screenshot from the film, so I created this stylized little guy in Photoshop and then made him "wiggle" in engine. I tried to make some of the linework and colors exaggerated to ensure he shows up well in the shadows. I also added two other options for goblin laughter to add a little variety to when the goblins spawn around the tower.



This sprint I also made some tweaks to the lighting and textures in the Tower Level.  Following Crissy's lead of desaturating and adding some post-process static in the bog, I also copied that effect over into the tower for added continuity. Additionally, I wanted the floor tiling to have a little more of a "beat up" look on the edges, since I felt the tiles looked a little too perfect, so I played around in Substance Designer until I was happier with the effect of the ground tiles.

My final task was to rerecord and add the dialog for the door knockers.
Once both door knocker animations are fully set up in game, the voices will be fully synched up with the animations. This week, I did a quick and dirty set up, putting the dialogue and animations in the blueprint with delay nodes, but next sprint I'd like to polish these up and make them more efficient.



Not all of the animations were in place at the time I created this blog post, so some of the blueprints contain placeholders for future animations. As a result, some of the dialogue may get rerecorded next sprint to ensure it properly lines up with the animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog